Monday, May 20, 2013

Nivea Lip Butter and Creme

I cannot resist buying new lip products.  And when a new line comes in such colorful packaging, it's even harder for me to pass up the opportunity to add a new lip butter to my collection.  Nivea has created an array of small circular tins containing a soft, buttery-like lip creme.  I stopped myself at buying just two of the four new flavors of lip butters.  The two flavors that I have purchased are the Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss and Raspberry Rosé Kiss.  The two additional flavors that can be purchased are the Nivea Lip Butter in Smooth Kiss and the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Creme Kiss.  

Similar in container, yet in a solid blue tin (great for stashing on-the-go) is also the Nivea Creme to be used all over, and as the packaging says, it is "the original skin moisturizing creme, helps your skin stay soft and supple.  Ideal for daily use for all intensive moisturizing needs."  I had to purchase this as well to add to my Nivea Lip Butter purchases.


From left to right, top to bottom: Nivea Creme, Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rosé Kiss, and Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, open lip butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss.


Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rosé Kiss, $4.


Whenever a lip balm, butter, or other lip product is in a tin, I usually dislike sticking my fingers inside the same tin over and over again, and therefore pass on purchasing the product.  With this small, shallow tin, I am actually able to apply the butter directly on my lips without dipping my fingers into the tin.  Yay!!  And the Raspberry Rosé Kiss flavor smell so delicious, with a slight pink color to the balm.  The pink transfers sheer onto the lips, but offers a great scent while it moisturizes.


Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, $4.


If you opt for a more subtle flavor, the Macadamia adds a warm scent to the balm, reminding a little of something I would love to wear in the fall.  It too is sheer in shade, but smells great alone, or worn underneath a lipstick.


Nivea Creme, $4.


This Creme has a more whipped-like consistency, almost that of lotion in a tin.  I think this concept is great for a multipurpose type of use, similar to my earlier post on the Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream.  It's great for travel and transporting in a small clutch, purse or make-up bag.




Overall, I am very satisfied with Nivea's small tins, as they all offer a great scent and a compact, sweet packaging.  Maybe I will be purchasing the other two flavors in the Lip Butters!

What do you think of these Lip Butters?  Do they remind you of any products you have tried before?  Have you ever used a Nivea product before, and if so, what is your favorite?  I would love to read about your opinions on these stylish tins and delicious flavors! 


XOXO,
Nicole Veronica

All comments within this blog post are opinions that are genuine and unbiased.  I am not affiliated with, nor was paid to review the Nivea brand or products.

No comments:

Post a Comment