Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Essie Nail Polish Collections

I am someone constantly changing my nail color, and maybe like you, I don't like to wait longer than a week before applying a new nail color.  I have definitely experimented lately with the stiletto nails, nail designs, and multiple nail colors on the same hand.  With Essie's most recent nail polish collections, I am thrilled to say the colors and nail treatments do not disappoint.  I recently purchased two different base coats and a top coat.  


Essie Grow Faster, First Base, and No Chips Ahead, $8.


First up- (the most important part of polishing your nails) the base coat.  I refuse to polish my nails without using a base coat.  I just believe that a little goes a long way in preventing a darker polish from staining my nails, and in preventing chips and cracks from happening.  When I ran out of my Deborah Lippmann base coat, I was hesitant to give the Essie Grow Faster and the Essie First Base a try. 


Essie Grow Faster, $8.


Essie Grow Faster Bottle, $8.


I recently switched from acrylic stiletto nails to my natural less attention-grabbing nails.  Since we all know that acrylics can severely thin and damage your nails, I felt that I needed to give the Essie Grow Faster a try.  In using a thicker than normal base coat which promotes nail growth, my intentions were to grow my natural nails back to their full thickness.  The Essie Grow Faster base coat does exactly that!  It is a much thicker base coat than I am used to wearing and every nail polish coat that follows should be thin, in order for every coat to dry completely.  As the bottle instructs, apply one coat as a base.  Follow with two coats of Essie color and one coat of Essie top coat.

When using Essie Grow Faster Base Coat, I recommend waiting until each nail polish coat dries prior to applying the next layer.  Overall, I should have my naturally strong nails back in no time with the help of this base coat!


Essie First Base, $8.


Essie First Base (Packaging and actual bottle), $8.


When my nails finally do return to their original pre-acrylic condition, I plan to switch back to this less adhessive base coat- Essie First Base.  The color transfer is sheer and light, and promotes lasting nail color, no nail staining, and less chips.  This is amazing at drying quickly with a sheer layer, allowing for your nail color to apply smoothly and last longer.  The Essie First Base packaging promises to help protect from damage, helps prevent breakage, and provides a smooth surface for ideal color application.


Essie No Chips Ahead, $8.


Essie No Chips Ahead (Packaging and Actual Bottle), $8.


Essie's No Chips Ahead is the final coat that gives all your hard work a lasting finish.  This glossy top coat seals the nail color and prevents chipping throughout the week.  I would recommend using this top coat for touch-ups if you notice any wear, so you can have more shine until it's time to change your nail color again.  This top coat packaging claims to resist chipping and peeling while extending the manicure for days.  Personally, I love that it dries quickly too.


Essie Nail Polishes (From Top Left to Right) Bottle Service, The More The Merrier, In The Cabana, First Timer, DJ Play That Song, and Sunday Funday, $8.


With the summer season in full swing, Essie's newest nail collection bring all the excitement with their clever names and bold colors!  Personally I can't help but look at the range of new colors and feel like I'm appropriately set for a shaded cabana on the beach.  Wherever your plans are to visit this summer, you are sure to find a color to fit the mood within the newest collections consisting of Summer 2013, Neons 2013 and Resort 2013.


Essie Nail Polishes (From Top Left to Right) Bottle Service, The More The Merrier, In the cabana, First Timer, DJ Play That Song, and Sunday Funday, $8.


Look at how bold and beautiful they are!  My personal favorite is The More The Merrier and In The Cabana.


Essie Apricot (Cuticle Oil), $8.


Essie Apricot (Cuticle Oil), $8.

Once all of the nails coats are dried and sealed, I love to carry my new Essie Apricot in my purse for cuticle touch-ups.  This easy to apply cuticle oil smells delicious and is sure to last.  It is recommended for use twice a day to refresh and nourish the cuticles with moisture.  You can massage the oil in just a little too in order to get staying results.  I love that the bottle resembles that of the nail polishes, since it fits perfectly with the rest of my Essie nail polish collection.


My Essie Nail Collection


My Essie Nail Collection


Do not judge, I have been using Essie nail polishes for years!  I love the color pigmentation and the consistency of the polish.  The colors and names are creative and with each new collection released, I am always bound to find a color worth trying.  Do you have an impressive nail polish collection?  Is there a nail polish brand you love as well?  I would love to hear about your favorite top coats.  Please comment below!

XOXO, 
Nicole Veronica


All comments within this blog post are opinions that are genuine and unbiased.  I am not affiliated with, nor was paid to review the Essie brand or Essie nail products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment